Saturday, December 30, 2017

I'm Gonna Try To Paint More This Year

I went to Book Corner for a calendar today on my way here. They had one of Inuit artwork but my great grandmother is Kiolya and considers tribal art needlessly (as well as shamefully) playing with food. Its a little hard to fit that on a calendar even when it does happen. Actually even the Heinz report I got back from ancestry pointed out that I had about 5-10 percent ambiguously northern Asian and or American ancestry, as in a great grandparent from that ethnicity. Their math didn't quite add up really, I had several places that could have been one thing or another so everything was in the range of percentages type of interpretation, but if we lock down the eskimo the rest will likely stabilize.
So I got the calendar about the group of seven landscape artists from Canada. I got the impression that people were noting that my taste in art is very different from Chris'.
I'm still trying to figure out where Dad stashed my color sense, it flickers on more often now and then recently, but still isn't running full time. This morning when I woke up I was looking at one of my paintings on the wall, and thought that if I'd continued the orange and yellow section it would have been a better painting, but something happened and my shape and design sense flickered. I was looking at an album cover this morning thinking about how long it has been since I've seen anyone do the kind of sketches that absolutely everyone used to do until the mid 90's. I'm willing to bomb people from inner space just to paint something I like at this point, even in that I'm different from Chris.